DUBLIN, Dec. 12, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The “Brazil Electric Vehicle Market Outlook to 2028” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Brazil Electric Vehicle Market is characterized by a growing demand for EVs in urban centers, where factors like congestion and pollution are leading to the adoption of clear mobility option. Brazil’s commitment to reducing greenhouse gas emission is driving regulatory support and polices that promote EV adoption, such as tax incentives, subsidies, and reduced import tariffs.
As Battery technology improves, EVs will become more affordable and practical for consumers, resulting in increased consumer interest and awareness. The expansion of charging infrastructure is also an important component, alleviating range anxiety and promoting wider adoption. Established automotive manufactures and new comers alike are entering the market, offering a range of electric models to cater to diverse consumers preference. Overall, Brazil electric vehicle market is growing, and with a projected CAGR of 17% during the forecast period (2022-2028), it is driven by a convergence of policy incentives, technological advancement, environmental consciousness and urban mobility needs.
The Brazil EV Market is streamlined with some of the largest players, having major influence in the market. This ecosystem comprises EV manufacturers, charging infrastructure providers, battery manufacturing companies, and technology/software firms Battery advancements impact vehicle design, charging infrastructure requirements influence vehicle usage patterns, and software solutions enhance the overall EV experience. Government incentives and policies further shape the ecosystem, influencing investments, market adoption, and regulatory frameworks.
Brazil Electric Vehicle Market Analysis:
- Escalating gasoline prices in Brazil, soaring from $1.05/L in May to $1.17/L in June 2023, are prompting a surge of interest in electric vehicles (EVs). The potential for long-term fuel savings with EVs becomes an attractive proposition amid volatile oil prices, prompting buyers to make the shift for economic stability.
- The expanding middle-class segment, accounting for up to 47% of the population, is a key driver behind the increasing demand for electric vehicles in Brazil. As more people achieve higher purchasing power, the affordability and long-term cost savings of EVs align with their aspirations for sustainable and efficient mobility solutions.
- Government policies and initiatives have played an important role in fostering the growth of the EV market in Brazil. By offering incentives and subsidies, the government is making electric vehicles more accessible to consumers. These initiatives not only boost consumer confidence but also contribute to the reduction of carbon emissions and dependence on traditional fossil fuels.
Key Trends by Market Segment:
- By Type of Vehicles: The Passenger vehicle was the dominant segment in 2022 because of their broader consumer base, daily commuting suitability, and increasing environmental awareness. Consumers opt for EVs as personal transportation, driven by lower emissions, cost savings, and urban mobility advantages. Government incentives often target passenger EVs, further boosting adoption. These factors collectively position passenger EVs as the preferred choice for individuals seeking sustainable and efficient mobility solutions
- By Distribution Channels: The OEMs sector dominated the market in 2022. Due to their manufacturing expertise, brand recognition, diverse product range, research investment and global partnership. These factors enable them to produce high-quality EVs, offer various models, innovate in technology, and ensure reliable after-sales support, making them key drivers in shaping the industry’s growth and consumer adoption
- By Regional Split: The most dominant region is the South region of Brazil, The South region has a higher population density compared to other regions, which can drive higher demand for transportation solutions, including electric vehicles. Urban centers like Sao Paulo have a larger concentration of potential EV consumers. due to Availability of charging infrastructure is crucial for EV adoption. The South region has invested significantly in building a robust charging network, that contribute immensely to the market share
The competitive landscape of the Brazilian electric vehicle (EV) market is characterized by a diverse array of players spanning various segments. Established global automotive giants such as Tesla, Nissan, and Chevrolet have a significant presence, offering a range of EV models that cater to different consumer preferences. These companies drive innovation in EV technology, design, and performance, setting industry benchmarks. Battery manufacturing companies such as Samsung SDI and local producers contribute to technological advancements, enhancing the efficiency and capabilities of EV batteries. Charging infrastructure companies play a crucial role, with international names like EVgo and Electrify America making their mark alongside local entities like EDP and Green Mobility. Their expanding charging networks address the critical concern of charging accessibility, facilitating widespread EV adoption.
- The market is showing considerable growth over the years, moving forward with an expected CAGR of ~17% within a time period of 2022 to 2028. This rise is in the wake of New Technology globally, which is pushing this market to rise up to the newer challenges.
- Ongoing advancements in battery technology will lead to longer ranges, faster charging times, and reduced costs, boosting consumer confidence in EVs, strengthening the market even more. As battery capacities increase, leading to longer driving ranges, and charging infrastructure improves, EVs become more convenient and practical for everyday use.
- Expansion of a reliable and convenient charging network across urban and rural areas will alleviate range anxiety and promote wider EV adoption. A well-developed charging network with easily accessible charging stations across urban and rural areas will provide consumers with the confidence to embrace EVs for longer journeys.
- Increasing awareness of climate change and air quality concerns will drive consumers to opt for cleaner and more sustainable transportation solutions like EVs. The rise in awareness about climate change and air quality issues is motivating consumers in Brazil to opt for electric vehicles as a means to reduce their carbon footprint.
- With the collaborations between local manufacturers and global EV leaders will expedite EV production, technology transfer, and innovation, fueling market growth. Such partnerships can facilitate technology transfer, knowledge sharing, and efficient production processes, allowing local manufacturers to produce competitive EV models quickly.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Brazil EV Market Overview
2.1 Taxonomy of the Market
2.2 Industry Value Chain
2.4 Government Regulations/Initiatives for the Market
2.5 Growth Drivers of the Brazil EV Market
2.6 Issues and Challenges of the Brazil EV Market
2.7 Impact of COVID-19 on the Brazil EV Market
2.8 SWOT Analysis
3. Brazil EV Market Size, 2017-2022
4. Brazil EV Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type of Vehicles, 2017-2022
4.2 By Distribution Channels, 2017-2022
4.3 By Regional Split (North/East/West/South), 2017-2022
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
5.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
5.3 Company Profiles Comparison
5.3.2 Volkswagen Group
5.3.6 JAC Motors
5.3.7 CAOA Chery
6. Brazil EV Market Size, 2022-2028
7. Brazil EV Market Segmentation
7.1 By Type of Vehicles, 2022-2028
7.2 By Distribution Channels, 2022-2028
7.3 By Regional Split (North/East/West/South), 2022-2028
8. Analyst Recommendations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/yl79dw
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/brazil-electric-vehicle-market-outlook-to-2028—growing-demand-for-evs-in-urban-centers-and-brazils-commitment-to-reducing-greenhouse-gas-emission-drives-ev-uptake-302012366.html