DUBLIN, Oct. 12, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The “Global Decentralized Clinical Trials Growth Opportunities” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global decentralized clinical trial (DCT) market has experienced significant growth, especially in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The surge in DCT adoption in 2020 was a direct response to the challenges posed by restricted mobility, affecting site investigators, clinical research associates, and patients’ ability to participate in trials. This led to a widespread interruption in trial activities worldwide.
To ensure the safety of patients and the continuity of research and development (R&D) activities, many sponsors and contract research organizations (CROs) turned to digital tools to support trial operations. These tools included telemedicine, remote source data verification, and sensor/mobile technology-enabled direct data-capture solutions.
Regulatory agencies worldwide have also introduced initiatives and guidelines to promote the large-scale adoption of DCT modalities. Additionally, alliances like the Decentralized Trials & Research Alliance (DTRA) are actively working to raise awareness about DCT and drive the uptake of remote trials.
North America has maintained its leadership in the DCT market, primarily due to the strong presence of DCT vendors, CROs, and pharmaceutical sponsors in the region. Europe closely follows, benefiting from a robust infrastructure that supports large-scale DCT adoption.
However, Asia-Pacific is emerging as a critical region, with several leading global CROs establishing a significant presence. The region’s diversity of patients, treatment-naive populations, and cost advantages make it an attractive destination. The growing reliance on telemedicine and ePharmacy solutions in Asia-Pacific is expected to drive DCT adoption in the next 3 to 5 years.
In the Rest of the World region, the Middle East, particularly the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Dubai, is gearing up for greater adoption of remote trials. The presence of tech vendors such as Oracle and AWS in the region has facilitated the uptake of eClinical solutions. However, the growth rate in this region may be comparatively slower than in others.
There will be a sustained need for cloud-based platform solutions to support decentralized trials effectively. As a result, CROs are partnering with technology vendors to build decentralized trial capabilities. Furthermore, the adoption of decentralized trials has been boosted by online training modules for patients and secure technology for at-home trial monitoring, including devices, chatbots, and sensors.
Home health services are playing a crucial role in supporting patients with physical disabilities and limited access due to their location, ensuring their participation and retention in clinical trials. Collaborations with home health service providers staffed by nurses trained in portable equipment usage facilitate the smooth implementation of DCT.
CROs are also actively innovating trial enrollment and patient engagement strategies by exploring various channels, including advocacy groups, social media, online physician referral systems, and AI-enabled platforms. This expansion of the DCT ecosystem is driving further adoption and growth in the market.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Strategic Imperatives
- Why Is It Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative
- The Impact of the Top 3 Strategic Imperatives on the Decentralized Clinical Trial (DCT) Industry
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine
- Growth Opportunity Analysis: Decentralized Clinical Trial Market
2 Scope of Analysis
- Decentralized Clinical Trials Market Segmentation
- Growth Metrics
- Comparison of Traditional and Decentralized Clinical Trials
- DCT Value Proposition: Achieving Patient Centricity
- Decentralized Clinical Trials: Pharma Ecosystem
- Decentralized Clinical Trials: Patient Ecosystem
3 Market Snapshot
- Market Trend Analysis
- Evolving DCT Landscape
- Global DCT Initiatives and Guidelines
- Implications of DCT Initiatives on the Global DCT Market
- Implications of DCT Initiatives on Individual Stakeholders
- Growth Drivers
- Growth Restraints
- DCT: Evolving Vendor Ecosystem
4 Business Model Trends
- Business Model Trend: Global DCT Market
- Partnership Trends Driving DCT Business Models
- Strategic Partnerships in DCT Market
5 Expanding Capabilities with M&As and Platform/Product Launches
- Key Mergers and Acquisitions
- New Platform Launches
6 Growth Opportunity Analysis: Revenue Forecast Analysis, Global
- Forecast Assumptions
- Revenue Forecast: Global
- Revenue Forecast Analysis
- Revenue Forecast by Phases of Clinical Development
- Revenue Percentage by Phase of Development
- Revenue Forecast by Clinical Development Phases
- Revenue Share Analysis by Therapy Areas
- Revenue Share Analysis by Therapy Areas
7 Growth Opportunity Analysis: Revenue Forecast Analysis, By Regions
- Revenue Forecast by Regions
- Revenue Forecast Analysis by Region: DCT Market
- Revenue Forecast Analysis: North America
- Revenue Forecast Analysis: Europe
- Revenue Forecast Analysis: Asia-Pacific (APAC)
- Revenue Forecast Analysis: Rest of World (RoW)
8 Competitive Environment
- Competitive Environment
- Competitor Benchmarking: Pure-play DCT Vendors
- Competitor Benchmarking: CROs (Enablers/DCT Vendors)
- Competitor Benchmarking: DCT Enablers
- Competitor Assessment
9 Growth Opportunity Universe
- Growth Opportunity 1: Endpoint Assessment with Digital Biomarkers
- Growth Opportunity 2: Digital Health Technology (DHT)-enabled Focus on Oncology Trials
- Growth Opportunity 3: Adopting Partnership-based Approaches for Scaling DCT Capabilities
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ir2ye2
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-decentralized-clinical-trials-research-report-2023-with-competitive-analysis-of-pure-play-dct-vendors-cros-enablersdct-vendors–dct-enablers-301955198.html