DUBLIN, Oct. 2, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The “Downstream Processing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Chromatography Systems, Filters), By Technique (Purification, Formulation), By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2023 – 2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global downstream processing market size is expected to reach USD 94.79 billion by 2030. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 14.84% from 2023 to 2030
The global downstream processing market is on the brink of remarkable growth, with projections indicating a size of USD 94.79 billion by 2030. This expansion is set to unfold at an impressive compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.84% from 2023 to 2030.
In recent years, the landscape of biologic drug development has witnessed a significant transformation in capacity requirements. The shift from manufacturing high-volume products to smaller, high-potency counterparts has opened up exciting opportunities for single-use technologies.
Notably, the surge in downstream processing techniques’ adoption for COVID-19 vaccine development has played a pivotal role in propelling market growth. The utilization of small-scale, single-use systems for both process development and downstream processing has already gained substantial traction.
Anticipate evolutionary changes within the realm of single-use technologies tailored for the production of small-volume, highly-potent drugs. Noteworthy advancements in this field include the development of novel film chemistries, closed systems, the integration of automation in clinical-scale single-use systems, and the incorporation of smart sensors.
The growing applications of downstream processing in the biopharmaceutical production sphere are poised to usher in new growth prospects for the market. This trend has also stimulated increased strategic collaborations and developments within the industry. For instance, in February 2021, Evozyne, LLC joined forces with a leading rare disorders drug manufacturer to produce and market novel biopharmaceuticals with a focus on immune modulation.
Key industry players are directing investments toward bioprocessing for COVID-19 vaccines and therapies to enhance their market presence. A prime example of this commitment is the partnership forged in May 2022 between Lonza and ALSA Ventures, which aims to provide comprehensive development and manufacturing services to biotech firms.
Additionally, Lonza’s introduction of Titanium Dioxide-free white hard gelatin capsules to its Capsugel Capsule Line in May 2022 underscores their dedication to innovation and product enhancement. Furthermore, Repligen’s acquisition of BioFlex Solutions in December 2021 has strengthened their single-use fluid management product line while simplifying their supply chain, thereby enhancing their overall system offerings.
The global downstream processing market is gearing up for a transformative journey, marked by innovation, strategic collaborations, and substantial growth prospects in the years to come.
Downstream Processing Market Report Highlights
- The chromatography systems segment dominated the market for downstream processing and accounted for the largest revenue share of 41.29% in 2022
- The advent of single-use chromatography systems that bring an 80.0% reduction of the use of water and chemicals for buffer has further increased the adoption of chromatography for downstream processing of bio-therapeutics
- Filters are anticipated to grow at a lucrative rate over the forecast period. Efforts undertaken by the key players to develop intelligent membranes for purification & separation is fuelling the market growth
- Purification by chromatography accounted for the largest revenue share as it can be employed across all steps of a downstream process. The technique is also crucial in bioprocessing to obtain pure biologics
- The antibiotic production segment dominated the market for downstream processing and generated the largest revenue share of 32.48% in 2022 owing to the wide applications of antibiotics for the treatment of several disorders.
- A rise in occurrences of antibiotic resistance also propels the industrial-scale development of novel antibiotic candidates
- North America dominated the market for downstream processing with the largest revenue share of 34.57% in 2022 owing to government support for promoting bioprocess technologies, rising medical expenditure, and developed healthcare infrastructure.
- Asia Pacific expected to register the highest growth rate of 15.67% during 2023-2030 due to a rise in contract development services in emerging economies
- Company Categorization
- Strategy Mapping
- Company Market Share Analysis, 2022
- Company Profiles/Listing
- Financial Performance (Net Revenue/Sales/EBITDA/Gross Profit)
- Product Benchmarking
- Strategic Initiatives
Market Driver Analysis
- Commercial Success Of Biopharmaceuticals Boosts Demand For Innovation In Bioprocessing
- Rising Adoption Of Single-Use Technology In Bioprocessing
- Environmental Advantage
- Operating And Construction Cost Advantage
- Flexibility Advantage
- Time Advantage
- Expansion Of Bioprocessing Capacity
Market Restraint Analysis
- High Cost
- Dearth Of Skilled Professionals
Industry Analysis Tools
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- PESTEL Analysis
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Merck KGaA
- Sartorius Stedim Biotech S.A
- GE Healthcare
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- 3M Company
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Corning Corporation
- Lonza Group Ltd
- Dover Corporation
- Ashai Kasei
- Ferner PLC
- Eppendorf A
Product Business Analysis
- Chromatography Systems
Technique Business Analysis
- Cell Disruption
- Solid-liquid Separation
- Membrane Filtration
- Purification By Chromatography
Application Business Analysis
- Antibiotic Production
- Hormone Production
- Antibodies Production
- Enzyme Production
- Vaccine Production
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/2kzx7s
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-downstream-processing-market-research-report-2023-2030-single-use-technologies-set-to-transform-downstream-processing-for-small-volume-high-potency-drugs-301944384.html