DUBLIN, Oct. 2, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The “Protein Labeling Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Reagents, Kits), By Method, By Application (Mass Spectrometry, Cell-based Assays), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2023 – 2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Global Protein Labeling Market Poised to Reach USD 4.11 Billion by 2030 with 7.44% CAGR
Protein labeling is undergoing a significant transformation, driven by the burgeoning interest in Post-translational Modification (PTM) studies. The application of advanced quantification methods, such as iodoTMTzero Label Reagent, is facilitating the efficient detection of PTMs, propelling the market forward. Novel techniques and enhanced products are set to further boost growth.
Biomedical Research Revolutionizes the Global Protein Labeling Market
Biomedical research is at the forefront of driving growth in the global protein labeling market. The surge in PTM studies, fueled by breakthroughs in protein expression quantification and innovative tagging strategies, is a pivotal factor.
Among these strategies, the use of spin labels, in conjunction with electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy (SDSL-EPR), is expanding the capabilities for protein structure investigation. Investments from private and government sectors in proteomics and genomics research are catalyzing market expansion.
Innovative Techniques and Increased Funding Augment Market Potential
Continual innovation, such as spin labels in site-directed protein labeling, is enhancing the market’s potential. Proteomic profiling, an essential component of cellular, tissue, and organismal study, relies on effective protein labeling for separation and analysis, making this market indispensable for proteomics and genomics research and development.
Escalating investments in life sciences research are deepening our understanding of disease origin and progression, extending the market’s reach and potential.
Rising Investment in Life Sciences Research Drives Market Growth
Funding for life sciences research has surged, supporting molecular studies that elucidate disease origins and identify biomarkers. The Novo Nordisk Foundation’s grant of up to USD 1.5 million to establish a mass spectrometry facility at the University of Copenhagen represents a significant leap in protein research. Consequently, increased spending on proteomics and genomics research and development is propelling market growth.
Diverse Applications of Protein Labeling
Protein labeling applications span a wide range of functions. Cell-based assays offer valuable insights into intracellular molecular targets, providing the advantage of biological context. Fluorescent antibodies find essential roles in clinical therapy and the investigation of immunology, cell biology, and neuroscience.
Mass spectrometers are indispensable devices for compound identification and quantification across various domains, including proteomics. Immunological approaches encompass the study of the immune system and the application of immunological reagents as tools. Emerging proteomic technology, protein microarrays, is gaining rapid popularity in molecular biology and biochemistry.
Segment Insights: Key Drivers of Market Growth
- In 2022, fluorescent proteins dominated the reagents segment, simplifying in situ fusion expression through gene transfer into cells. This eliminates the need for purification, in vitro labeling, high-level heterologous production, and microinjection of recombinant proteins.
- The fluorescence microscopy segment is expected to experience the fastest CAGR from 2023 to 2030, driven by the development of monomeric fluorescent proteins capable of fluorescing in the orange to far-red bands of the visible light spectrum.
- The in-vitro labeling segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2022 and is projected to witness the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. Its growth is attributed to the simplicity associated with in-vitro techniques and the availability of numerous commercial kits.
- In 2022, North America led the market with the highest revenue share. This dominance can be attributed to the presence of key manufacturers, increased focus on proteomics research, advancements in bioengineering technologies, and the high adoption of protein labeling products in disease diagnosis-associated studies.
- Company Categorization
- Strategy Mapping
- Company Market Position Analysis, 2022
- Company Profiles/Listing
- Financial Performance (Net Revenue/Sales/EBITDA/Gross Profit)
- Product Benchmarking
- Strategic Initiatives
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Promega Corporation
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- LGC Ltd.
- New England Biolabs
- LI-COR, Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Jena Bioscience GmbH
Market Driver Analysis
- Increase In R&D Spending Pertaining To Proteomics Research
- Increase In Adoption Of Bioengineering Techniques
- Increase In Technological Advancements In The Market
Market Restraint Analysis
- Lack Of Skilled Professionals
Industry Analysis Tools
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- PESTEL Analysis
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Product Business Analysis
- Monoclonal Antibodies
Method Business Analysis
- In-vitro Labeling Methods
- Enzymatic Labeling
- Dye-Based Labeling
- Co-Translational Labeling
- Site-Specific Labeling
- Nanoparticle Labeling
- Photoreactive Labeling
- Radioactive Labeling
Application Business Analysis
- Cell-based Assays
- Fluorescence Microscopy
- Immunological Techniques
- Protein Microarray
- Mass Spectrometry
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vq6emj
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-protein-labeling-market-analysis-report-2023-in-vitro-labeling-leads-in-2022-predicted-to-witness-rapid-expansion—forecast-to-2030-301944372.html