A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy entertainment industry press releases from PR Newswire, including Keith Urban’s Vegas residency and a new tour of Harry Potter sets in Tokyo.
NEW YORK, March 17, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the entertainment and media industries stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Keith Urban Extends Las Vegas Residency at Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino with New November Dates
It features jaw-dropping production, as well as a more than two-hour musical journey through the celebrated entertainer’s barrel of hits. The fast-paced, immersive experience also clearly shows why Urban is considered one of the best guitarists of this generation.
- Industry Veteran and Former President of Tyler Perry Studios Michelle Sneed Launches All-Women Led Content Studio A Few Good Women Productions
As a full-service content studio combining the attributes of a traditional film studio with that of a production company, A Few Good Women Productions embraces projects driven by complex and dynamic characters who represent diverse people, places, cultures, and concepts.
- VNUE Provides Update on Icon Metaverse Project
VNUE is working with South American Premiere Roblox developer Kokku to build the first ever persistent multi-stage music & entertainment festival experience which will initially be deployed on Roblox’s platform, with 50+ Million active daily users worldwide.
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour Tokyo – The Making of Harry Potter Opening 16 June 2023
Opening for the first time in Tokyo, this brand-new Studio Tour will invite fans to step onto breathtaking sets including the iconic Great Hall at Hogwarts, Diagon Alley and the Forbidden Forest where they will see exquisite costumes and come face to face with magical creatures while learning filmmaking secrets.
- RAID: Shadow Legends Billion-Dollar Mobile Game Franchise to be Made into Limited Animated Series
The series will consist of 10 five-minute weekly episodes set to premiere on YouTube on May 18. The animated series elevates RAID’s core characters with deeper, more immersive storylines while delivering cinematic-quality animation.
- Johnnie Walker Blended Scotch Whisky Marks Red Carpet Season with a Tribute to Trailblazing Women Filmmakers and a Call to Watch More Women Made Films
The brand has crafted a piece of art symbolizing the red carpet in honor of the many women who have broken and continue to break barriers so future generations of women will be seen and celebrated walking the red carpet.
- NYU Tisch Establishes the Martin Scorsese Virtual Production Center at Industry City
Opening in 2024, the state-of-the-art Martin Scorsese Virtual Production Center will offer hands-on training in the latest production techniques and further establish NYU Tisch as a global leader in cinematic arts training.
- Global Haiku Contest Attracts Poems from DC to Australia and Everywhere in Between
Leona Agouridis, President and CEO of the Golden Triangle BID, said, “The tradition gets better each year, as we continue to see excitement in other countries for marking the start of spring with evocative poems that add cheer to our sidewalks and tree boxes.”
- DigitalReef Merges with Gamers Club in Historic Deal to Disrupt $360B Gaming and Digital Media Market
Newly rebranded as Siprocal, the consolidation of these two companies creates a groundbreaking gaming distribution, monetization, and engagement platform, leveraging leading, direct audience access and insight throughout the Americas.
- Bear Grylls and Outdoors.com Unveil Daring Programming Slate
The programming includes the first ever documentary feature from Jessie Grylls (Bear’s son) and bold new content from adventure experts Meg Hine and The Turner Twins.
- LG Collaborates with NCAA Basketball Players to Raise Mental Health Awareness Among Student-Athletes
The campaign features a digital content series with inspirational stories from student-athletes, a charitable tie-in, and fan activations during Final Four weekend in Dallas and Houston.
- RRR roars at the 95th Academy Awards as Naatu Naatu bags Best Original Song
The performance was introduced by none other than celebrated Indian actor Deepika Padukone. It offered global viewers a taste of South Asian entertainment’s explosive dance and musical energy with the song’s signature ‘hook step’ leading to a standing ovation.
Read more of the latest entertainment-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtertainment on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-entertainment-news-12-stories-you-need-to-see-301774537.html