A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy environment industry press releases from PR Newswire, including The Weather Company’s staying power and a new AI-powered hummingbird feeder.
NEW YORK, May 19, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the environment industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- IBM’s The Weather Company Continues to Be the World’s Most Accurate Forecaster Overall, Despite Growing Competition and Amid Weather’s Increased Impact
Accuracy has become increasingly paramount as people and businesses continue to monitor weather forecasts to help them make decisions, especially amid the growing volatility of weather and a changing climate. In fact, a recent study validated that 91% of respondents cited accuracy among the top five leading criteria for why they select a weather provider.
- Greentown Labs Announces Go Make 2023 Program with Shell
Designed to accelerate startup-corporate partnerships to advance climatetech, this Greentown Go program is focused on technologies for carbon utilization, storage, and traceability.
- Education Must Be Put Front and Centre on the G7 Agenda
By 2050, as many as 140 million people across South Asia, sub-Saharan Africa, and Latin America could be displaced by climate change. By connecting climate action with education action, we can reduce risk, build resilience, and protect our planet from the life-threatening impacts of massive flooding, temperature rises, rising seas and other climate catastrophes.
- Boeing Publicly Launches “Cascade” to Support Aviation’s Net Zero Goal
Cascade examines the full life cycle of alternate energy sources for aviation – from production through distribution and use – and quantifies the ability to cut aviation’s carbon emissions. Data modeling also measures airplane fleet renewal, operational efficiency, renewable energy sources, future aircraft and market-based measures as pathways to decarbonization.
- Bird Buddy Launches World First AI-Powered Smart Hummingbird Feeder and Smart Bird Bath Bird Buddy’s Smart Hummingbird Feeder is designed to provide up close and personal views of our tiniest, beloved feathered friends like never before. It recognizes all common hummingbird species in North America and captures exceptional photos and videos of these quick-moving wonders. In addition to hummingbirds, these feeders may also attract bees and butterflies, ever-increasing the biodiversity of any backyard.
- Frost and Sullivan Institute Launches Enlightened Growth Leadership Awards, 2023 for Emerging Companies Dedicated to ‘Innovating to Zero’
The Enlightened Growth Leadership Best Practices Recognition, 2023 for Emerging Companies honors startup companies that are focused on developing innovative products and services that address global challenges while creating a positive impact on the environment, society, and economy.
- FirstEnergy to Donate and Plant More Than 3,200 Trees Across New Jersey in 2023
Since April 2021, FirstEnergy has donated and planted more than 40,000 trees throughout its six-state service territory. This initiative is an important part of the company’s efforts to reduce its carbon footprint, promote responsible use of natural resources and further the advancement of sustainable practices.
- Loliware Launches New Seaweed Resin to Replace Plastics at International Materials Conference
“We’re thrilled to launch our second regenerative, compostable resin,” said Loliware founder and CEO Sea F. Briganti. “It unlocks hundreds, if not thousands, of new products to replace single-use plastics at scale using the industry’s existing equipment.”
- QBE North America Provides Tips to Help Businesses Prepare for Hurricane Season
“Hurricanes like Ida in 2021, which traveled from Louisiana up through New England, can have a significant impact well beyond coastal areas traditionally considered most at risk. Businesses must take the initiative to mitigate the losses associated with these natural disasters,” said Monique McQueen, Vice President of Property Claims at QBE North America.
- As Wildfire Threats Surge Across U.S., GHD Unveils Proven Solution for Managing Community Wildfire Risks
GHD’s Burntfields Wildfire Risk Management Solution focuses on keeping people and property safe by determining what drives wildfire risks, where and when those risks can occur and offering effective solutions to improve business and community resiliency.
Read more of the latest environment-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNenv on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for Evogene and SinglePoint Inc.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-environment-news-10-stories-you-need-to-see-301829146.html