A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy auto and transport industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a rise in stolen catalytic converters and awards for the best family cars.
NEW YORK, March 17, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the auto and transportation industries stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- The Goodyear Powerload Tire Line Will Drive Productivity and Efficiency Wherever it’s Put to Work
The Goodyear Powerload delivers durability and traction for hardworking compact wheel loaders and graders to get the job done.
- CARFAX: Up to 153,000 Catalytic Converters Stolen in 2022
Once the converter is removed, not only will the car make a loud noise when started, but it can cost owners thousands of dollars to replace that missing catalytic converter – especially if consumers don’t have the right type of car insurance.
- U.S. Conference of Mayors Endorses Bipartisan Senate Rail Safety Legislation
Following last month’s major train derailment in Ohio, mayors across the country have joined to support legislation for safer railways.
- FirstElement Fuel partners with Hyundai Motor on hydrogen refueling of class 8 fuel cell electric trucks, driving over 25K miles with zero emissions
FirstElement is unique in offering the largest network of hydrogen stations in the world that are supplied by Liquid Hydrogen instead of gaseous. Liquid hydrogen distribution and storage is far more efficient, enabling the large quantities of hydrogen required to efficiently fuel Class 8 Fuel Cell Electric trucks.
- Norfolk Southern announces additional paid sick leave agreements with mechanical and engineering railroaders
The company has reached agreements with its two labor unions to provide employees up to seven paid sick days per year.
- U.S. News Announces the 2023 Best Cars for Families Kia won the most awards this year with three, followed by Toyota and Hyundai with two each. The 2023 Honda Odyssey won Best Minivan for Families for the 13th consecutive year, the longest streak in the awards’ history.
- Nation’s Busiest General Aviation Airport Lands a New Fuel Provider
Cunningham Aviation is a new Fixed Base Operator at Falcon Field Airport in Mesa, Arizona, offering full-service Jet A and 100LL, as well as a self-service 100LL island.
- The Kia EV9 Revealed: Groundbreaking EV Fusing Progressive, Bold Design with Authentic SUV Character
Kia’s first three-row electric SUV interior and exterior design were released as a step forward towards the company’s goal of becoming a sustainable mobility solutions provider.
- New Saudi Arabian Carrier Riyadh Air to Launch with All-Boeing Fleet of up to 72 787-9 Dreamliners
Riyadh Air has ordered 39 Dreamliners, known for their comfort and fuel efficiency, to support Saudi Arabia’s goal of welcoming 100 million visitors per year by 2030. Options for an additional 33 jets were also included in the purchase.
- Garage Gurus® Announces 2023 Automotive Technician Scholarship Program
Garage Gurus® will award $30,000 of scholarships to students attending accredited, U.S.-based automotive technical schools, colleges, or universities during the 2023-2024 school year. Students must submit two letters of recommendation from non-family members and a typed essay or video introducing themselves and indicating “Why I Want to Be a Top Technician.”
- SOFIA Reveals Map of Moon’s Water Near its South Pole Artemis Landing Sites
A new study using NASA’s and DLR’s now-retired Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA) has pieced together the first detailed, wide-area map of water distribution on the Moon.
- Lithium Demand is on the Rise as the Electric Vehicles Market Matures The essential compound used to power electric vehicles is increasing the value of the global electric vehicle market, projected to reach $802.81B by 2027.
Read more of the latest auto- and transportation-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtrnsp on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for Zim Integrated Shipping Services Ltd. and Hagerty.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-transportation-news-12-stories-you-need-to-see-301774559.html